In this edition of our Property Data Update, we take a general look at the whole of the UK property market*.
- At the time of writing, the rental market in London (within the M25) accounts for over a third of the entire rental market of the UK
- 1 in 40 properties in the UK are currently for sale. Liverpool city centre (L2) has the biggest ratio of properties on the market, with 1 in 2 properties currently advertised for sale, likely due to the large number of new home developments in the district
- The two Mayfair districts in London have the highest proportion of rental property available, with over 30% of the entire area currently on the rental market
- The area with the most properties in total is Birmingham, with a total of 853,861 properties - 15,184 of these are on the market currently. Lerwick in the Shetland Islands has the least number of properties in total
- South West London has the highest number of properties for sale at 17,965 currently on the market
- At 208 days, Leeds has the longest average time on market for rental properties. For sale properties are sold much faster, with an average time on the market 132 days
- The current sale base in the UK currently totals £281,006,104,498 - with an average selling price of £378,360. The average current rental price per month throughout the UK is £1,400
Look out for our next Property Update feature coming soon on our Insights page.
*All data correct as of 21st April 2017